Support the Structured team by ensuring payment is received for goods and services that are provided to our customers and vendors.
Structured Communication Systems is a leading information technology consultancy and systems integrator. We are experts at architecting and implementing secure and reliable solutions for delivering business applications, ensuring business continuity, enhancing data center performance and efficiency, enabling mobile workers, securing information assets and providing information security and governance.
Structured has an immediate opening in Clackamas, Oregon for a Receptionist. This position is responsible for providing general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, coordinating travel requests, mail distribution, requisition of office supplies, as well as, additional clerical duties as assigned.
This is an on-site position that will be working out of our Clackamas, Oregon office (This position is not eligible for remote work.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in order to meet the qualifications required to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Submits statements to customers.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
- Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Director of Accounting Operations and other staff.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Relays changes of information to appropriate employees.
- Provide services to customers, such as order placement and account information.
- Responsible for entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
- Provides back-up support to Travel and the Managed Services Billing.
- Provides back-up support to Receptionist by answering phones.
- Assist Accounting team and associated personnel as necessary.
- Promotes and maintains a high standard of customer service at all times.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Must be well-organized in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work with a diverse group of people.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree in accounting-related field preferred or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in accounting or accounts receivable areas. A thorough knowledge of general accounting and intermediate mathematic skills preferred.
- Must have experience working with Sage 100, Salesforce and Microsoft Office Suite. Experience working with other accounting software, such as HighRadius and YayPay is preferred.
General Office Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be an experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite; experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) tool, such as the Salesforce.com and possesses a basic understanding of accounting principles.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret quotes and reports. Ability to correspond, effectively present information, and respond to questions from employees, management, vendors and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing, frequent walking, talking and hearing. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Frequent use of phones, computers and other general office equipment is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
The working conditions characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The office work environment, lighting and temperature are generally moderate; work is regularly performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Our organization provides a full compensation package that facilitates development and growth. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, group life and AD&D insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage and 401(k). We also provide training on mutually agreed upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry based certifications is highly encouraged.
***We are interested in all qualified candidates that are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.***
* Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.