Negotiate and review Structured’s contracts to ensure they meet key business priorities and minimize company risk.
Structured Communication Systems is a leading information technology consultancy and systems integrator. We are experts at architecting and implementing secure and reliable solutions for delivering business applications, ensuring business continuity, enhancing data center performance and efficiency, enabling mobile workers, securing information assets and providing information security and governance.
Structured has an immediate opening in Clackamas, Oregon, for an on-site Contracts Manager. This position is responsible for the review and maintenance of assigned contracts, the contracts process, and for the drafting and review of legal documents. The Contracts Manager will also be accountable to assist and coordinate with Legal, Accounting, and other internal Structured teams in the review of the terms and conditions for orders, licensing agreements, purchase and/or change orders, customer and supplier agreements, professional services and master supply agreements as appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in order to meet the qualifications required to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Draft and review contracts and agreements within specified timelines and in alignment with company standards, leading contract negotiations as required.
- Draft and negotiate contractual provisions, including risk allocation, indemnification, business terms and limitations of liability, collaborating with leadership or internal/external counsel as appropriate.
- Lead and manage Request for Proposal (RFP) response process including drafting RFP responses and managing the process of gathering technical information.
- Serve as the primary point of contact between individuals in need of contracts (i.e., internal sales and management team, third-party vendors, and clients).
- Assist in management of contract repository, ensuring consistency and best practices are followed.
- Participate in maintaining standardized contract templates (standard terms and conditions, NDA, Master Product and Services Agreements, etc.).
- Participate in the development and improvement of policies and processes for processing and administering contracts.
- Manage contract renewals, amending and/or extending contracts as required.
- Partnering with business units to ensure vendor compliance with existing contract terms and conditions, escalating to leadership as appropriate.
- Provide clear, accurate and consistent reporting to internal stakeholders regarding contract status.
- Administer and support efficient contract management for both online (DocuSign contract management tool) and offline execution in a timely manner.
- Creating an atmosphere of trust and seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation.
- Responsible for following the current policies and procedures for tracking your activities in our CRM tool, Salesforce.com.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Promote and maintain a high standard of customer service at all times.
- Excellent project management, troubleshooting, problem resolution and documentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively work on multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong business communication skills; able to write/speak clearly and professionally for a variety of audiences.
- Capability to foster and maintain relationships with customers, vendors and internal teams.
- Drives continuous improvement to the vision and overall contracting experience.
- Ability to manage challenging requests from both internal and external stakeholders and clients.
- Capability to work autonomously to manage time effectively and prioritize work appropriately to drive assignments and projects forward and to meet deadlines.
- Proven sound judgment, work ethic, and professional integrity with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Analyzing issues and brainstorming to identify resolution.
- Ability to foster strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year College or University and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in drafting and negotiating contracts and agreements in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
General Office Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be an experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite and have experience with customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex contracts and reports. Capability to correspond, effectively present information, and respond to questions from employees, management, vendors and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing, frequent walking, talking and hearing. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Frequent use of phones, computers and other general office equipment is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
The working conditions characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The office work environment lighting and temperature are generally moderate; work is regularly performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Must maintain a valid driver’s license and motor vehicle insurance (at least equal to the state’s minimum coverage requirements).
This position has no Supervisor Responsibilities.
Compensation: $70,000 – $100,00 (Annually)
Our organization provides a full compensation package that facilitates development and growth. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, group life and AD&D insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage and 401(k). We also provide training on mutually agreed upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry-based certifications is highly encouraged.
*** We are interested in all qualified candidates that are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas. ***
* Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.