Support and collaborate with internal teams in the execution of established accounting procedures
Structured Communication Systems is a leading information technology consultancy and systems integrator. We are experts at architecting and implementing secure and reliable solutions for delivering business applications, ensuring business continuity, enhancing data center performance and efficiency, enabling mobile workers, securing information assets and providing information security and governance.
Structured has an immediate opening in Clackamas, Oregon for a Junior Accountant. The Junior Accountant is responsible for working with the accounting team to provide support in the execution of established Company accounting practices and adherence to standard accounting control requirements in the areas of compliance, record-keeping and supports the accounting department’s deliverables and agenda. This position will also work in collaboration with internal teams to deliver results individually and as a member of the accounting team.
This is an on-site position that will be working out of our Clackamas, Oregon office (This position is not eligible for remote work.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in order to meet the qualifications required to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accurately maintains general ledger financial statements and ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Payroll processing and journal entries related to Payroll (as needed).
- Assists in developing, documenting, implementing, and updating accounting processes and procedures to ensure compliance with company policy and internal control requirements.
- Prepares invoices for Professional Services based on weekly, semi-monthly and monthly schedules.
- Regularly reviews account and financial statements to ensure the accuracy of records.
- Assists in preparing financial schedules to support the Director of Accounting Operations.
- Investigates reporting discrepancies and communicates issues to management as they occur in a timely manner.
- Assists with preparing monthly sales tax filings to comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements.
- Retrieves and gathers data from reports, billings, invoices, contracts, and manipulates the data into excel spreadsheets.
- Calculates, tracks, and books monthly commission accruals.
- Performs reversal on any excess of commission calculated on the basis of the payment received against an invoice.
- Performs general ledger account analysis and reconciliations.
- Account reconciliations from billing to calculate salesperson commissions.
- Assists with departmental projects and provides ad hoc support to the Director of Accounting Operations (as needed).
- Promotes and maintains a high standard of customer service at all times.
- Capability to foster and maintain relationships with customers, vendors and internal teams.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented and the ability to effectively work on multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a structured fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem resolution and documentation skills.
- Ability to maintain and continually develop accurate product and application knowledge.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- Working knowledge of Sage 100 and familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM tools is preferred.
- Working knowledge of ERP Accounting software is required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- An accounting background in technology or professional services-related fields is a plus.
General Office Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be a proficient user of the Microsoft Office Suite and related business and communication tools.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret reports. Ability to correspond, effectively present information, and respond to questions from employees, management, and third-party vendors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require frequent standing, walking, talking and hearing. Frequent use of phones, computers and other general office equipment is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
This position occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule and evening hours in order to meet or conduct overall monthly, quarterly and year-end close process needs outside of normal business hours, including weekends and holidays.
The working conditions characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is regularly performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available; the office work environment lighting and temperature are generally moderate.
This position has no Supervisor Responsibilities.
Our organization provides a full compensation package that facilitates development and growth. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, group life and AD&D insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage and 401(k). We also provide training on mutually agreed upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry-based certifications is highly encouraged.
*** We are interested in all qualified candidates that are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas. ***
* Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.