Provide leadership, guidance, and training to Structured’s Managed Services engineers and customers.
Structured Communication Systems is a leading information technology consultancy and systems integrator. We are experts at architecting and implementing secure and reliable solutions for delivering business applications, ensuring business continuity, enhancing data center performance and efficiency, enabling mobile workers, securing information assets and providing information security and governance.
Structured has an immediate opening in Clackamas, Oregon for a Managed Services Supervisor that provides leadership, training and escalation to the Managed Services engineers and customers. Acts as an escalation point both internally and externally for technical and customer-service related incidents and service requests, as well as coordinates information gathering and troubleshooting processes. Troubleshoots, recommends, and implements configuration changes to various systems, appliances, and software for clients.
This position will require some on-site training and occasional in-office work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in order to meet the qualifications required to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists practice and executive teams in developing, documenting, implementing, and updating Practice accounting processes and procedures to ensure compliance with overall company policy and internal control requirements.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of Structured’s Managed Services team of engineers that deliver contracted Managed Services.
- Develops and maintains detailed documentation of standard operating procedures and maintain customer documentation.
- Triages and troubleshoots incidents and service requests in accordance with Structured’s service level agreements.
- Identifies professional service opportunities to address customers’ security, network, storage, systems, voice and mobility needs.
- Ensures that the appropriate staff levels and schedules are maintained for required shifts.
- Responds to incoming communications from Structured’s clients and employees.
- Enables skill development of Managed Services engineers by providing training, shadowing opportunities and sharing subject-matter expertise.
- Manages and maintains the appropriate tools used to deliver Managed Services, this includes; customer relationship management, ticketing, monitoring/alerting and remote access.
- Acts as a liaison between the Structured’s Sales, Operations and Technical teams, as well as vendors, to ensure efficient end-user delivery.
- Participates in technical discussions and develops product customizations for Managed Services product offerings.
- Participates and/or leads various sales activities in partnership with sales team for Managed Service offerings.
- Determines customer pain points as it relates to the management of their environment, technology and technology assets.
- Trains team members on the use of Structured’s Managed Services’ service delivery tools.
- Reviews completed incidents and service requests for errors or omissions; ensure client satisfaction by identifying additional action items to resolve outstanding incidents and service requests.
- Participates in an on-call rotation with other members of Structured’s Managed Services team (as needed)
- Follows the current policies and procedures for tracking activities in Structured’s various CRM/service delivery tools.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Promotes and maintains a high standard of customer service at all times.
- Foster and maintain relationships with internal teams, customers, prospective customers and vendors.
- Ability to maintain and continually develop accurate product and application knowledge.
- Provides input for professional service statements of work (“SOW”) and create SOW’s as directed.
- Excellent technical project management, project scoping, troubleshooting, problem resolution, documentation and customer management skills.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Information Systems or equivalent plus 3 years of experience; or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Information Systems/Managed Services.
- 3+ years supervising the workflow of employees, creating team schedules and delegating tasks.
- Detailed knowledge of multiple operating systems platforms, network appliances, security appliances, and protocols.
- Experience with delivering subscription-based technical services.
General Office Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be an experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite (including Visio and Project) and have experience with customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret quotes and reports. Ability to correspond, effectively present information, and respond to questions from employees, management, vendors, and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit or step up to access equipment within a data center environment; use hands to, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch and twist. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The working conditions characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in both a general office environment, as well as a data center environment. Within the general office environment, both the lighting and temperature are generally moderate. The data center environment is generally cool in temperature and the lighting is moderate; the noise level in the data center environment is generally loud.
Must have a valid Driver’s License and motor vehicle insurance (at least equal to the state’s minimum coverage requirements), as well as have the ability to travel to client locations and other destinations for short to medium term projects. This position may require an adjusted work schedule and evening hours in order to meet or attend vendor/customer needs. Flexibility to field phone calls, pager or system alerts and provide remote or on-site support to clients outside of normal business hours, including weekends and holidays.
This position will have direct supervisor responsibilities for the team of Managed Services engineers.
- Instructs employees on work to be carried out and the methods to be adopted. Ensuring that business goals, deadlines and performance standards are met.
- Responsible for training and onboarding new employees to ensure they understand their duties and responsibilities.
- Continuously provides guidance and on the job training to Managed Services engineers (as needed).
- Directly assesses the work performance of Managed Services engineers and identifies areas for improvement.
- Responsible for approving vacation time, sick time and overtime with adequate coverage for internal and customer projects and needs.
- Responsible for assisting in the completion of employee performance reviews (as needed).
- Reports performance issues and employee assessments to senior management.
- Maintains order and discipline in the workplace and reports disputes or other problems in the workplace to senior management by informing and briefing them appropriately.
- Provides recommendations in the hiring and termination process (as needed).
Our organization provides a full compensation package that facilitates development and growth. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, group life and AD&D insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage and 401(k). We also provide training on mutually agreed upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry-based certifications is highly encouraged.
***We are interested in all qualified candidates that are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.***
* Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.