Present a professional image to all guests while providing critical office support for the Structured team.
Structured Communication Systems is a leading information technology consultancy and systems integrator. We are experts at architecting and implementing secure and reliable solutions for delivering business applications, ensuring business continuity, enhancing data center performance and efficiency, enabling mobile workers, securing information assets and providing information security and governance.
Structured has an immediate opening in Clackamas, Oregon for an Office Assistant. This position is responsible for providing general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The Office Assistant is also responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, coordinating travel requests, mail distribution, requisition of office supplies, as well as additional clerical duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in order to meet the qualifications required to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Presents a professional, businesslike image to clients, visitors, vendors and the public.
- Greets guests in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner.
- Answers telephones and professionally administers and directs the caller to the appropriate employee.
- Transfers incoming calls to personnel or to personnel voice mailbox when appropriate.
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website, and other related information.
- Responsible for preparing memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents as required.
- Coordinates and facilitates travel needs for various personnel such as hotel, flight, and car rentals and prepares other travel-related documentation, as required.
- Communicates with Property Management regarding office maintenance requests, matters or concerns in a timely manner.
- Organizes, creates and manages express mail services and requests (FedEx, UPS, etc.) including pick-up and delivery.
- Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail and maintains/routes mail to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains, organizes and files documents on a daily, weekly and monthly schedule as required.
- Coordinates and schedules conference rooms, and assists in the organization and retrieval of internal meal requests.
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- Responsible for maintaining the general cleanliness of the office kitchen and general office areas and ensures that conference rooms are clean and presentable and stocked with food/beverages.
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, and collating, as assigned.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Promotes and maintains a high standard of customer service at all times.
- Capability to foster and maintain relationships with customers, vendors and internal teams.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively work on multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem resolution and documentation skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of 3 years’ related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in customer service area.
General Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel and Outlook. CRM platform experience a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret data. With the ability to correspond, effectively present information, responds to questions from groups of employees, managers, vendors and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require frequent standing, walking, talking and hearing. Frequent use of phones, computers and other general office equipment is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
The working conditions characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The office work environment lighting and temperature are generally moderate; work is regularly performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Must maintain a valid driver’s license and motor vehicle insurance (at least equal to the state’s minimum coverage requirements).
Our organization provides a full compensation package that facilitates development and growth. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, group life and AD&D insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage and 401(k). We also provide training on mutually agreed upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry based certifications is highly encouraged.
***We are interested in all qualified candidates that are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.***
* Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.