Manage IT projects to ensure the successful implementation of technology solutions for Structured’s clients.
Structured Communication Systems is a leading information technology consultancy and systems integrator. We are experts at architecting and implementing secure and reliable solutions for delivering business applications, ensuring business continuity, enhancing data center performance and efficiency, enabling mobile workers, securing information assets and providing information security and governance.
Structured has an immediate opening in Anchorage and Juneau, Alaska, for a Project Manager. This position is responsible for managing complex IT projects to ensure the successful implementation of technology solutions that support the business objectives of Structured’s clients. This role serves as the project’s primary point of contact between internal clients (Account Executives, Engineers, Management, Customer Service and Administration) and outside clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in order to meet the qualifications required to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with the business to define priorities, design alternatives and requirements.
- Work with customers and engineers to identify risk and create risk response plans.
- Work with IT teams to define architecture and design details and encourage proper implementation of IT processes and methodologies.
- Manage the project work and the overall execution of the projects and produce project documentation in a timely manner.
- Ensure that projects and development efforts are documented; create documentation as appropriate.
- Define and run program execution meetings to track progress on project milestones, to track and resolve issues, and to make priority calls.
- Work with a diverse group of technical staff with varying degree of technical ability.
- Assist with contract negotiations with consultants, technical personnel and vendors for services and products.
- Must follow company procedures for tracking activities in Structured’s CRM tool, Saleforce.com.
- Provide appropriate feedback to management regarding process improvement.
- Promote and maintain a high standard of customer service at all times.
- Assess the performance of the project team, act as a project expediter, track ongoing issues, and communicate vendor response to any escalated issues.
- Ability to maintain and continually develop accurate product and application knowledge.
- Problem-solves assignments of a dynamic nature and optimize the efficiency of the team, as well as provide capacity forecasting.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University or five years’ related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Project Management. Knowledge of Project Management Methodology as defined by PMI. Achievement of either a CAPM or PMP certification from PMI is a requirement of this position.
General Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Visio and Project software and experience using CRM platforms.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret quotes and reports. Ability to correspond, effectively present information, and respond to questions from employees, management, vendors and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require frequent standing, walking, talking and hearing. Frequent use of phones, computers and other general office equipment is required.
Must have a valid Driver’s License and the ability to travel to customer locations and other destinations for short to medium term projects.
The working conditions characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The office work environment lighting and temperature are generally moderate; work is regularly performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
This position occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule and evening hours in order to meet or attend vendor/customer needs. Flexibility to field phone calls, pager or system alerts and provide remote and/or on-site support to clients outside of normal business hours, including weekends and holidays.
This position has no Supervisor Responsibilities.
Our organization provides a full compensation package that facilitates development and growth. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, group life and AD&D insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage and 401(k). We also provide training on mutually agreed upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry based certifications is highly encouraged.
*** We are interested in all qualified candidates that are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas. ***
* Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.