Assist in the processes that drive sales while delivering exceptional customer service.
Structured Communication Systems is a leading information technology consultancy and systems integrator. We are experts at architecting and implementing secure and reliable solutions for delivering business applications, ensuring business continuity, enhancing data center performance and efficiency, enabling mobile workers, securing information assets and providing information security and governance.
Structured has an immediate opening in Clackamas, Oregon for an Order Processing Specialist. The Order Processing Specialist is responsible for assisting internal teams with verifying incoming and outgoing orders, processing, and shipping status. This position also requires frequent phone interaction with customers, vendors, clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in order to meet the qualifications required to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Facilitates internal purchase order process by ensuring order details are accurate both internally and externally.
- Monitors order progress to ensure customer expectations for delivery are communicated and met.
- Maintains electronic and paper filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Prepares and reviews vendor invoices for accuracy to ensure seamless hand off to billing operations.
- Responsible for entering, transcribing, recording, maintaining and storing information in written or electronic form.
- Assists and resolves customer problems with deliveries; communicates effectively internally to resolve any issues regarding an order.
- Maintains and tracks open and active sales orders in designated accounting systems.
- Handles and processes customer payments electronic as needed.
- Locates and attaches appropriate files to incoming supplier correspondence requiring replies.
- Provides back-up support to the front desk by operating a telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information and taking messages as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Promotes and maintains a high standard of customer service at all times.
- Capability to foster and maintain relationships with customers, vendors and internal teams.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively work on multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem resolution and documentation skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive company and client information.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with heavy email traffic.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED or two years related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in customer service area. Experience with Sage Accounting Software is a plus.
General Office Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be an experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite; experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) tool, such as the Salesforce.com, and possesses a basic understanding of accounting principles.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret quotes and reports. Ability to correspond, effectively present information, and respond to questions from employees, management, vendors and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing, frequent walking, talking and hearing. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Frequent use of phones, computers and other general office equipment is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
The working conditions characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The office work environment lighting and temperature are generally moderate; work is regularly performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Our organization provides a full compensation package that facilitates development and growth. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, group life and AD&D insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage and 401(k). We also provide training on mutually agreed upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry-based certifications is highly encouraged.
*** We are interested in all qualified candidates that are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas. ***
* Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.