Assist in the processes that drive sales while delivering exceptional customer service.
Structured Communication Systems is a leading information technology consultancy and systems integrator. We are experts at architecting and implementing secure and reliable solutions for delivering business applications, ensuring business continuity, enhancing data center performance and efficiency, enabling mobile workers, securing information assets and providing information security and governance.
Structured has an immediate opening in Clackamas, Oregon, for an onsite Purchasing Support Specialist. This position is responsible for assisting internal teams with verifying incoming and outgoing orders, processing, and shipping status. This position also requires occasional direct interaction with customers, vendors, and clients, as well as front desk operations (as needed).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in order to meet the qualifications required to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing customer-owned equipment and corporate-owned inventory.
- Provide complete, accurate and timely updating of sales process status reports.
- Ensure accurate receipt of customer orders and seamless handoff to operations.
- Monitor order progress to ensure customer expectations for delivery are communicated and met.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries; communicate status to account managers on a timely basis.
- Expected to at all times present a professional, businesslike image to clients, visitors, customers and the public.
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person to direct or assist with customer service issues.
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments.
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Provide information about establishment such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Maintain and track open and active sales orders to provide paid and unpaid status updates.
- Act as a point of contact between internal clients, including account executives, management, customer service, administration and outside clients.
- Maintain electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Provide services to customers, such as order placement and account information.
- Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
- Responsible for entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
- Accountable for providing complete, accurate and timely updating of reports within CRM tool salesforce.com.
- Promote and maintain a high standard of customer service at all times.
- Ability to maintain and continually develop accurate product and application knowledge.
- Must be well-organized in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Strong organization and time management capabilities and an exceptional attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED or two years related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in customer service area.
General Office Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be an experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite; experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) tool, such as the Salesforce.com, and possesses a basic understanding of accounting principles.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret quotes and reports. Ability to correspond, effectively present information, and respond to questions from employees, management, vendors and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing, frequent walking, talking and hearing. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Frequent use of phones, computers and other general office equipment is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
The working conditions characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The office work environment lighting and temperature are generally moderate; work is regularly performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
This position has no Supervisor Responsibilities.
Our organization provides training on mutually agreed upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry based certifications is highly encouraged.
*** We are interested in all qualified candidates that are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas. ***
* Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.