Support Structured’s Account Executives by engaging various channels to help support with price proposals and order-related documentation.
Structured Communication Systems is a leading information technology consultancy and systems integrator. We are experts at architecting and implementing secure and reliable solutions for delivering business applications, ensuring business continuity, enhancing data center performance and efficiency, enabling mobile workers, securing information assets and providing information security and governance.
Structured has an immediate opening in Clackamas, Oregon for a Sales Quotations Specialist. The Sales Specialist is responsible for supporting sales objectives by engaging manufacturer and distribution channels on behalf of Structured’s customer-facing Account Executives to equip them with priced proposals and access to the related materials or personnel as the opportunity develops. The Sales Quotations Specialist must excel at multi-layered communication with an understanding of what information is relevant for whom in a given situation. They must maintain an awareness for protecting sensitive information while conveying actionable details to those inside or outside of the organization.
This role requires proficiency in Microsoft Excel, data-entry systems such as Salesforce & general professional etiquette especially for email and phone communication. While there is limited interaction with clients/customers, this role will work regularly with Engineers and Sales Representatives from Structured’s many partners to strategize pricing & achieve lasting solutions for our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in order to meet the qualifications required to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works with vendors, Engineers and Account Executives to understand customer requirements.
- Responsible for formulating pricing strategies to ensure market competitiveness.
- Creation and delivery of quotations to Account Executives.
- Manages requests and related data using Structured’s CRM tool, Salesforce.com.
- Facilitates pricing and order-related documentation to ensure it is complete prior to receipt of customer orders.
- Works with vendors and vendor tools to understand various pricing programs and promotions.
- Responsible for hand-off of pricing and documentation to Structured’s operations team.
- Communicates engagement status to Account Executive and related inside teams.
- Gathers and disseminates (as needed) product information such as, white papers, data sheets, price lists and marketing materials.
- Performs basic formulas and form structuring in Microsoft Excel, completely capturing technical information and connecting it with actionable cost-of-goods and sale pricing.
- Identifies new opportunities (new product/service opportunities, cross-selling opportunities, enterprise opportunities, etc.) within the customer base via effective outbound sales efforts.
- Fields customer and prospect requests and participate (as needed) in account planning and execution against goals.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Promotes and maintains high standards of customer service.
- Ability to maintain and continually develop accurate product and application knowledge.
- Ability to organize and manage a customer database and continually update a CRM tool.
- Ability to problem-solve items of a dynamic nature and optimize the efficiency of the team through accurate forecasting.
- Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential alternatives in order to choose the most appropriate solution.
- Provides appropriate feedback to management regarding process improvement.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED or two years related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in sales, technical or administrative support. Experience with Salesforce.com, as well as technical writing experience that includes the development of RFP responses documents is preferred.
General Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be an experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite; with a focus on spreadsheet software. Experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) tool, such as the Salesforce.com, is a plus. Thoughtful processes around file transfers and distilling information into actionable detail significant parts of the day-to-day tasks, encouraging the use of multiple screens and key-shortcuts to optimize performance.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret quotes and reports. Ability to correspond, effectively present information, and respond to questions from employees, management, vendors and customers. Respectful and concise communication is key – along with an ability to identify and distill key information while affirming any uncertainties with ample attention to detail to help solve a problem.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing, frequent walking, talking and hearing. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Frequent use of phones, computers and other general office equipment is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
The working conditions characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is regularly performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available; the office work environment lighting and temperature are generally moderate. This position may occasionally require an adjusted work schedule in order to meet or attend vendor/customer events.
Our organization provides a full compensation package that facilitates development and growth. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, group life and AD&D insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage and 401(k). We also provide training on mutually agreed upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry-based certifications is highly encouraged.
***We are interested in all qualified candidates that are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.***
* Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.