Architect, secure, support and document complex and business-critical solutions for Structured’s customers.
Structured Communication Systems is a leading information technology consultancy and systems integrator. We are experts at architecting and implementing secure and reliable solutions for delivering business applications, ensuring business continuity, enhancing data center performance and efficiency, enabling mobile workers, securing information assets and providing information security and governance.
Structured has immediate openings in Madison, Wisconsin, Chicago, Illinois, and in Oregon, for a Security Engineer with a focus on Cisco Security. This position is a consulting role to deliver security designs, implementation and troubleshooting to Structured customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in order to meet the qualifications required to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design, install, configure, troubleshoot and manage security solutions.
- Research, evaluate and recommend the selection of security-related tools and emerging technologies for clients.
- Interface with end-users for the purpose of designing and implementing security solutions and policy recommendations.
- Translate business requirements into functional/technical specifications.
- Develop solution implementation plans for customers.
- Increase the probability of system success, reduce risk and reduce total life-cycle cost.
- Create alternative designs to satisfy performance and cost criteria for customers.
- Assist engineers with complex technical tasks including debugging, supporting hardware modules and systems.
- Identify and correct faults and provide resolution of complex problem tickets escalated from Structured’s help desk.
- Effectively communicate Structured’s value proposition through Power Point presentations, proposals, and development of collateral as needed to drive the sales and branding of Structured.
- Assist sales personnel with pre-sales technical support; Leverage technical background to identify professional service opportunities in the areas of security, networking, storage/systems, virtualization, and voice/mobility.
- Supervise and check the status of projects and work assignments.
- Document designs and scope projects in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Support and provide knowledge transfer to clients.
- Provide input for professional service statements of work (“SOW”) and create SOWs as directed and provide project management services (as needed).
- Promote and maintain the highest standard of customer service at all times.
- Ability to maintain and continually develop accurate product and application knowledge.
- Overcome technical and business objections posed by prospective customers.
- Proactively learn and utilize new technologies, concepts and procedures as necessary based upon project requirements.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization from end-user to senior management about both business and IT needs.
- Excellent project management, project scoping, troubleshooting, problem resolution, documentation and customer management skills required
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience and 7 years of experience in a technology-related field and experience in systems analysis.
- Previous experience providing solution design and implementation preferred.
- Significant experience with Cisco ASA and FirePOWER network firewalls including AnyConnect remote access VPNs as well as IPSEC site-to-site tunnels.
- Experience with deploying Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE).
- Field experience and knowledge of data networking and IP technologies including, VLAN configuration, DHCP, DNS, NAT, and performing packet captures and analysis.
- Experience with Cisco content security products including the WSA, ESA/CES, and Umbrella.
- Experience working with Cisco AMP both on the endpoint and network platforms.
- Experience working with multifactor authentication (MFA) solutions such as Duo.
- Cisco certifications including CCNA, CCNP or CCIE security are a plus.
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CISA or similar are also a plus.
- Scripting and network automation skills are a plus.
General Office Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be an experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite and have experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) tool, such as the Salesforce.com.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret quotes and reports. Ability to correspond, effectively present information, and respond to questions from employees, management, vendors and clients.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit or step up to access equipment within a data center environment; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch and twist. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The working conditions characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in both a general office environment, as well as a data center environment. Within the general office environment both the lighting and temperature are generally moderate. The data center environment is generally cool in temperature and the lighting is moderate; the noise level in the data center environment is generally loud.
Must have the ability to travel to customer locations and other destinations for short- to medium-term projects. This position may also require an adjusted work schedule and evening hours in order to meet or attend vendor/customer needs. Flexibility to field phone calls, pager or system alerts and provide remote and/or on-site support to clients outside of normal business hours, including weekends and holidays.
Must maintain a valid Driver’s License and motor vehicle insurance (at least equal to the state’s minimum coverage requirements).
This position has no Supervisor Responsibilities.
Our organization provides a full compensation package that facilitates development and growth. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, group life and AD&D insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage and 401(k). We also provide training on mutually agreed upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry-based certifications is highly encouraged.
*** We are interested in all qualified candidates that are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas. ***
* Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.