Perform risk and security assessments, design secure infrastructure architectures, and enhance communication.
Structured Communication Systems is a leading information technology consultancy and systems integrator. We are experts at architecting and implementing secure and reliable solutions for delivering business applications, ensuring business continuity, enhancing data center performance and efficiency, enabling mobile workers, securing information assets and providing information security and governance.
Structured has an immediate remote opening in the Pacific Northwest for a Senior Security Engineer- QSA (must be available to work Pacific Time Zone hours). This position is responsible for designing and implementing security-oriented solutions, assisting with troubleshooting and consultation of various security and networking issues and Security Auditing and Assessment projects. This position also provides pre-sales assistance to Account Executives, which may include the development of presentations and/or proposals and directly interfaces with the end-user customer.
This position may require considerable travel for short- to medium-term projects based on customer location and project needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in order to meet the qualifications required to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Perform security assessments from frameworks in these compliance areas: PCI DSS, HIPAA, GLBA, SOX, GDPR,
CIS Critical Security Controls, NERC CIP, and ISO 27000.
• Perform risk assessments according to guidance including NIST SP 800-30 or OCTAVE.
• Perform penetration testing for internal and external environments, including network layer and application layer testing.
• Design solutions and solution implementation plans for Structured customers.
• Design solutions that increase the probability of system success, reduce risk and reduce total-life-cycle cost.
• Implementation/configuration of the various systems and appliances for the manufacturers that Structured represents.
• Responsible for creating alternative designs to satisfy performance and cost criteria based upon customer requirements.
• Assists engineers with complex technical tasks including debugging, supporting hardware modules and systems.
• Identifies and corrects faults and provides resolution of complex problem based upon tickets that are escalated from Structured’s help desk.
• Effectively communicate Structured’s value proposition through presentations, proposals, and the development of collateral to drive sales and the branding of Structured.
• Assist in sales opportunities with Account Executives.
• Assist in defining Structured’s value proposition to both manufacturers and customers.
• Interface with end-users for the purpose of designing and implementing new solutions.
• Ability to troubleshoot problems with existing systems/solutions.
• Ability to manufacture large amounts of highly technical material into common language for use in reports.
• Supervising projects and work assignments in order to ensure effective and efficient delivery.
• Preparing reports in order to update management regarding project status and/or manufacturer updates.
• Provide input for professional service statements of work (“SOW”) and create SOWs as directed, as well as project management services (as needed).
• Promote and maintain a high standard of customer service at all times.
• Ability to maintain and continually develop accurate product and application knowledge.
• Overcome technical and business objections posed by current and prospective customers.
• Capability to influence existing and past relationships with customers and vendors to generate opportunities.
• Proactively learn and utilize new technologies, concepts and procedures.
• Leverage your technical background to identify professional service opportunities for security, networking and storage/systems opportunities.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience. At least 5+ years’ experience in a technology-related field, including 5+ years’ systems analysis experience. Previous experience providing solution design and implementation preferred. Experience with PCI DSS, HIPAA, GLBA, CIS Critical Security Controls, NERC CIP, SOX, GDPR, and ISO 27000 series security frameworks preferred. Certification preference includes: CISSP, CISA, CISM, HCISPP, PCI QSA, PCIP, SANS GIAC series, CEH, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be an experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite; with a focus on spreadsheet software. Experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) tools, such as the Salesforce.com platform, is a plus. Extensive understanding of security and network theories and advanced security and networking trouble shooting capabilities.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret quotes and reports. Ability to synthesize large amounts of highly technical material into common language for use in reports, effectively present information, and respond to questions from employees, management, vendors and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk or sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The working conditions characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in both a general office environment, as well as in a server room environment. Within the general office environment, both the lighting and temperature are generally moderate. The server room environment is generally cool in temperature and the lighting is moderate; the noise level in a server room environment is generally loud.
Must have a valid Driver’s License, the ability to travel to customer locations or other destinations for short to medium term projects, and must be available to work Pacific Time Zone hours. Flexibility to field phone calls, pager or system alerts and provide remote and/or on-site support to clients outside of normal business hours, including weekends and holidays.
Our organization provides a full compensation package that facilitates development and growth. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, group life and AD&D insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage and 401(k). We also provide training on mutually agreed upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry based certifications is highly encouraged.
***We are interested in all qualified candidates that are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.***
* Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.