Design, deploy and support complex and mission-critical UCC environments to optimize and enhance customer communications.
Structured Communication Systems is a leading information technology consultancy and systems integrator. We are experts at architecting and implementing secure and reliable solutions for delivering business applications, ensuring business continuity, enhancing data center performance and efficiency, enabling mobile workers, securing information assets and providing information security and governance.
Structured has an immediate remote opening for a Senior Unified Communications Engineer that is responsible for the planning, design, build, and 24×7 support of customers’ Cisco Voice over IP infrastructure including CUCM, Unity, CER, and UCCX. This includes the development, documentation, and implementation of best practices for projects that will require in-depth knowledge of multiple technical areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in order to meet the qualifications required to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs security assessments from frameworks in the following compliance areas: PCI DSS, HIPAA, GLBA, SOX, GDPR, CIS Critical Security Controls, NERC CIP, and ISO 27000.
- Develops and oversees the adherence to maintenance and performance standards of data, voice or video network hardware and systems.
- Troubleshoots highly complex data, voice or video network and hardware problems.
- Performs capacity planning through the ongoing monitoring, alerting, and reporting of resource utilization levels and errors in the environment using a variety of tools and processes.
- Implements and maintains network security best practices by assessing current threats, vulnerabilities, risks and associated technical countermeasures.
- Maintains inventories for support and maintenance per location by working with our selected vendors.
- Builds, maintains, and audits all voice network related documentation as it relates to configuration, processes, service records, asset inventories, topologies, administration manuals, job instructions, support contacts, etc.
- Develops unified communication strategies.
- Plans, designs, and optimizes high level voice, video and network solutions.
- Performs network readiness and telephony assessments.
- Performs analysis & trending of utilization and growth providing a proactive design based on the demands of the business.
- Translates business requirements into telephony or process designs.
- Plans and recommends telephony solutions.
- Assists in the planning & design of the IP voice network.
- Analyzes technical needs, requirements, and state of the network’s infrastructure design, integration, and operations.
- Provides knowledge transfer and detailed design/operational documentation to clients
- Designs and supports global scale voice solutions.
- Responsible for backup systems and Disaster Recovery methods for both CUCM and Unity Connection Servers.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Promotes and maintains the highest standard of customer service at all times.
- Ability to maintain and continually develop accurate product and application knowledge.
- Overcomes technical and business objections posed by prospective customers.
- Proactively learn and utilize new technologies, concepts, and procedures as necessary based upon project requirements.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization from end-user to senior management about both business and IT needs.
- Excellent project management, project scoping, troubleshooting, problem resolution, documentation and customer management skills required.
Bachelor’s degree in information systems or equivalent experience. At least 5 years of experience in related IP telephony design/implementation experience including some of the following: Cisco Unified Communications Manager/Call Manager, Cisco Unity/Unity Connection, Cisco Contact Center Express (UCCX), Webex Contact Center, Webex Calling Suite (Calling, Meeting Teams & Video), Cisco Unified Presence, Cisco Emergency Responder, Cisco Unified Mobility, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express, Video, Voice Gateways/Routers/Switches.
- Cisco Certifications such as CCNP, or CCIE Collaboration.
- Experience with LAN/WAN technologies and QOS design & implementation.
- Understanding of voice protocols such as SIP, H323, MGCP, SCCP.
- Current knowledge/understanding of SRST, MPLS, DMVPN, IPSEC and WAN.
- Experience with medium to large enterprise organizations with multiple remote locations.
- Experience working with application owners and other IT stakeholders to build and support the most efficient and stable networking capabilities.
- Experience with 24 x 7 support leadership in conjunction with a managed service provider maintaining accountability and measurement of uptime.
General Office Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be an experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as have experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) tools, such as SFDC.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret quotes and reports. Ability to correspond, effectively present information, and respond to questions from employees, management, vendors and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit or step up to access Data Centers; use hands to, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch and twist. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Must have a valid Driver’s License and motor vehicle insurance (at least equal to the state’s minimum coverage requirements), as well as, and the ability to frequently travel to customer locations and other destinations for short to medium-term projects.
The working conditions characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in both a general office environment, as well as a data center environment. Within the general office environment both the lighting and temperature are generally moderate. The data center environment is generally cool in temperature and the lighting is moderate; the noise level in the data center environment is generally loud.
This position may also require an adjusted work schedule and evening hours in order to meet or attend vendor/customer needs. Flexibility to field phone calls, pager or system alerts and provide remote and/or on-site support to clients outside of normal business hours, including weekends and holidays.
This position has no Supervisor Responsibilities.
Our organization provides a full compensation package that facilitates development and growth. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, group life, and AD&D insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage and 401(k). We also provide training on mutually agreed-upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry based certifications is highly encouraged.
*** We are interested in all qualified candidates that are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas. ***
* Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.